«The Atlas of the mysterious islands». Workshop for families (9-12 años)
Casa del Lector. Paseo de la Chopera, 14. Madrid
Have you ever read a story written by Jules Verne? Do you want to know how he invented his imaginary worlds? Would you like to continue his stories participating in a collective literary work?
Casa del Lector invites you to participate in a new program of workshops for families with children of 9 to 12 years. The first part of our activity will be a visit to the exhibition "New Extraordinaries Journeys": an opportunity to meet the imaginary worlds of the famous writer Jules Verne through his books and personal belongings.
Once we know how Jules Verne imagined his fantastic stories in his library and with the help of a world map, we will discover some of his books written in the nineteenth century. During the following workshop, we will then continue the legacy of Verne through the creation of an "Atlas of mysterious islands".
- Schedule: Saturday from 11.15 to 13.15 h.
- Dates: April 11 & 25; May 23 and June 6, 2015.
- Audience: children 9-12 years accompanied by at least 1 adult
- Max. group size: 30 persons
- Price: 5 Euros per participant (1 adult + 1 child) charged by Casa del Lector