Esther Ferrer:"All Variations Are Valid, Including this One"
Experiment and feel the possible variations ...
The Palacio Velázquez hosts, from October 26th 2017 to February 25th 2018, the exhibition of the Spanish artist Esther Ferrer, "All variants are valid, including this one", organized by the Reina Sofía Museum.
Esther (San Sebastián, 1937) is a pioneer artist and one of the foremost representatives of performance art in Spain. She gives repetition and chance the capacity to enhance her work, generating manifold variations which lead on to otherness and unpredictability. The exhibition addresses these issues and reflects upon other key aspects in her artistic practice, for instance the visibility of the creative process in time and space and the mobilisation and transformation of the body.
The mediation team of hablarenarte will invite the audience to experiment with their body, walk and feel the possible variations of the different performances exhibited in the exhibition.
- Exhibition: “All Variations Are Valid, Including this One”
- Schedule: Open everyday from 11:00 am to 17:00 pm
- Dates: October 26, 2017 - February 25, 2018
- Organized by: Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
- Curatorship: Mar Villaespesa and Laurence Rassel
- Artists: Esther Ferrer
- Free ticket