Workshop Juntos a través del Arte
Centros de Participación e Integración para Inmigrantes de Madrid (CEPIS)
“Juntos a través del Arte” is a social integration project promoted by hablarenarte: and funded by a grant from the Fundación ICO social integration programme for immigrants during 2008.
Taking place in seven Community of Madrid Immigrant Participation and Integration Centres (CEPIs), the multidisciplinary programme is directed at Spanish and immigrant children from 6 to 13 years of age. The activities are structured in three phases: the first consists of a creative project led by an artist; the second is the development of various works, creations and disciplines; the third is the organisation of an exhibition of the artworks produced in each centre.
The purpose of the programme is to establish new ways of social cooperation, using art and artistic creativity as instruments for integration and social understanding, so that other cultures and ways of life are valued and respected.
- CEPI Hispano-Americano: Saturdays in April, May and June 2008, mornings (from 11:00 to 14:00).
- CEPI Hispano-Boliviano: Fridays in October, November and December 2008, afternoons (from 17:30 to 19:30).
· CEPI Hispano-Búlgaro: Fridays in April, May and June 2008, afternoons (from 17:30 to 19:30).
- CEPI Hispano-Centroamericano: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in July, afternoons (from 17:00 to 19:00); from Monday to Friday from 1 to 12 September 2008, afternoons (from 17:00 to 19:00).
- CEPI Hispano-Colombiano: Saturdays in April, May and June 2008, mornings (from 11:00 to 14:00 for ages between 6 and 9 year) and afternoons (from 16:00 to 19:00 for ages from 10 to 13).
- CEPI Hispano-Dominicano: Saturdays in October, November and December 2008, mornings (from 10:00 to 12:00 for ages from 6 to 9 years and from 12:00 to 14:00 for ages from 10 to 13 years).
- CEPI Hispano-Ecuatoriano: During Easter Week on 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19 March, mornings (from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 13:00 to 15:30) and Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in July, mornings (from 11:00 to 13:00 for ages from 10 to 13 years).
Management and idea: Vanesa Weis
Organised by: hablarenarte:
With support from: Fundación ICO