Madrid 1808. Ciudad y Protagonistas. Secondary and high school program
Centro Conde Duque. Calle Conde Duque, 9-11. Madrid
On second of May 1808, the people of Madrid rose up in armed rebellion against the French invader, starting the War of Independence in Spain. Two hundred years after this historic event marking the start of contemporary Spanish history, the exhibition Madrid 1808. Ciudad y Protagonistas provides a close and detailed view of the role played by the people of Madrid during the events that took place in the city.
The hablarenarte: programme is aimed at secondary and high school students to familiarise young people with the main events that took place during 1808 in Madrid, and establish a dialogue between the past and the present in the main settings of the conflict.
- Closed program
- Audience: students from 13 to 17 years of age (secondary and high school)
- Days: Tuesday to Friday (during term-time) from 6 May to 18 June
- Times: two tours, at 10:00 and 11:30
- Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
- Groups: maximum 25 students
- Price: free of charge following registration