Músicas memorables - #1 Oral tradition labs
Centre del Carme / Ateneo Marítimo (Valencia) Centro Huarte (Huarte, Pamplona) Fundación 26 de Diciembre (Madrid)
¡Haz click y visita el blog de Músicas memorables!
Músicas memorables is a project created by hablarenarte and the musician, artist and educator Christian Fernández Mirón.I t is carried out with the support of Art for Change of Obra Social "La Caixa".
The project seeks to visualize and collaborate with different collectives of elder people in located in three cities of Spain (Pamplona, Valencia, Madrid), turning them into active agents of a musical project that mixes the traditional with the contemporary.
PHASE 1: Oral tradition labs
In the first phase of the Project, Christian Fernández Miron, lead an oral tradition laboratory with elder people. In each laboratory they form a work group of 15 person in which the participants shared their memorable music (songs, memories, stories). Each laboratory lasts 4 sessions. The artist documents and at the same time share voice and body tools (listening techniques, experimental uses of the voice, poetic exercise, etc).
- Participants: Fundación 26 de Diciembre (residence for LGTB elders people that fight for the construction of physical and social spaces specialized in this collective.)
- Collaborates: Conde Duque
- Dates: from February 23rd to 26th, March 4th, and April 3rd 2019.
- Participants: Salvem el Cabanyal (platform that fights for reversing the degradation of the valecian neighborhood of the Cabanyal, that has been threatened since 1998 by a municipal project that pretends to expand an avenue that goes across their central part.)
- Dates: March 26th to 29th, 2019
- Huarte (Pamplona):
- Participants: Asociación de Mujeres Andre Mari (association that aims to promote the participation of women in the environment, enhancing their personal and socials skills, promote the sociocultural activities of health and leisure for women in Huarte, create a space for relationship, expression and communication for women in Huarte.
- Collaborates: Centro Huarte
- Dates: May from 7th to 10th, 2019.
You can follow the project process on the blog of Músicas memorables
A Project created in collaboration between:
Asociación Hablar en Arte/ Christian Fernández Mirón
With the support of:
Art for Change La Caixa