Palabras Habladas. 2nd edition of live poetry
Emblematic spaces and venues of the city of Madrid.
For its second event, Palabras Habladas. Poesía en directo will be creating a series of unique one-off shows in which poets and performers will not only be working on their chosen stage but also with the space around them. The cycle sets guests artists a different kind of challenge and offers audiences an unprecedented view of the city of Madrid.
The programme, which includes key figures from the national scene such as Joana Brabo, Claudia Faci and Lucas (Elkoalapuesto) Rodríguez, consists of 7 sessions planned in completely different places such as a market, a library, a greenhouse and a public square, plus other historic and heritage locations in the city.
- Session 1. 23 February. Joana Brabo – Mercado de Antón Martín
- Session 2. 25 March. Olaia Pazos – Biblioteca Escuelas Pías
- Session 3. 9 April. Ebba Rohweder – Invernadero de Cristal de Arganzuela
- Session 4. 29 April. Julio Jara & Favour is Favour Gallery – Plaza de la Provincia
- Session 5. 20 May. Claudia Faci – Templete de Música de El Retiro
- Session 6. 3 June. Lucas (Elkoalapuesto) Rodríguez – Nave de Motores de Pacífico
- Session 7. 17 June. Nieves Correa – Ermita de San Antonio de la Florida
With support from: Arts Department. Madrid City Council
This project has been undertaken with the Aid for Contemporary Creation Matadero Madrid 2010, Madrid City Council. The project is the sole responsibility of their authors. Madrid City Council is not responsible for any use made of the information contained therein.