Visitas Calamar. Visits to artists' studios
Artists' studios in Madrid
Visitas Calamar is a program designed for resident curators in Madrid who want to visit artists' studios in Madrid
hablarenarte: will organize with different artists some visits to their studios. Afterwards, hablarenarte: will invite curators who consider that the activity may interest them to participate in these visits.
The visits will take place monthly, trying to be programmed in the first week of each month.
The program is designed as an informal activity that aims to promote contact between curators and artists. The best way to know about new projects of resident artists in Madrid is by visiting their workplaces.
Although there is not public call and the invitation to curators is made directly by hablarenarte:, the program is open to any cultural programmer or curator who wants to join us. We will try to organize groups not too numerous for a comfortable visit for both curators and artists (if many people are interested we can programme two visits).
Initially the visit to ateliers shared by different artists is proposed. Among them are:
- December 2014: Studio Jordi Ribes, Julio Falagán, Rodrigo Román Ibáñez, Chefer Chefer, Justin Williams and Carlos Alemany. Calle Vista Alegre 20, 2ºA (Metro Oporto)
- January 2015: Studio Fod, Irma Álvarez-Laviada, Santiago Giralda, Miki Leal, Belén Rodríguez, Manuel Saro and Miguel Ángel Tornero. Avda. Pedro Díez 25, 2ª planta (Metro Oporto)
- February 2015: Studio Theo Firmo and Irene de Andrés + Ángela Cuadra and Dai K.S.. Calle Guillermo Rolland 3 (Metro Ópera)
- March 2015: Studio Espacio Oculto. Calle de Nicolás Usera 27 (Metro Usera)
- April 2015: Studio Jacobo Castellano, Abraham Lacalle y Baptiste Laurent. Calle Doctor Fourquet 18. (Metro Lavapiés)
- May 2015: Taller Omnívoros. Calle Sierra del Segura 22 Local. 28038 Madrid (Metro Puente de Vallecas o Conde Casal)
- June 2015: Casa de Velázquez. Calle de Paul Guinard, 3. 28040 Madrid (Metro Moncloa o Ciudad Universitaria)
- December 2015: Studio Jimena Kato, Clara Sánchez and Iñaki Chavarri (invited artist). Calle San Marcelo nº 8 28017 Madrid (Metro El Carmen o La Elipa)
- July 2016: Casa de Velázquez, studios of Manu Blázque, Romuald Dumas-Jandolo, Thierry Gilotte, Vir Andres Hera, Jesús Herrera, Miguel Moraes-Cabral, Vicky Méndiz, Maria do Mar Rêgo, Alejandro Pajares, Charles-Élie del Prat, Linda Sanchez, Marjan Seyedin, Aurore Valade, Nelo Vinuesa and Samuel Yal. Calle de Paul Guinard, 3. 28040 Madrid (Metro Moncloa o Ciudad Universitaria)
- September 2016: Nave Oporto y Malafama, studios of Carlos Aires, Hugo Alonso, Alejandro Botubol, Marta Corsini, Rafael Díaz, Miki Leal, Sonia Navarro, Ruth Quirce, Manuel Saro, Miguel Ángel Tornero, Fod. Calle Pedro Diez, 25. 28019 Madrid (Metro Oporto)
- October 2016: Palacio Santa Bárbara, studios of Julia Llerena, Maria Platero, Play dramaturgia y Francoise Vanneraud. Calle Hortaleza, 87. 28004 Madrid (Metro Alonso Martínez)
Visitas Calamar is included as an activity within the Curators' Network project.