CCSC Urban Exploration: open call
Kosice (Slokavia), Lund (Sweden), Helsinki (Finland), Timisoara (Romanía) and Madrid (Spain).
~POTPONED~ NEWS SOON
Open call to participate in the five local Urban Explorations that will be carried out in each of the Urban Labs that conforms the European Cultural and Creative Spaces and Cities project.
One of the pillars of Cultural and Creative Spaces and Cities is to promote the transmission of experiences and knowledges between the nodes that take part. The Urban Explorations are study visits that promote these contagions, as well as an expanded knowledges of local realities. Through two days of city tour, each of the Urban Labs of the project will host a program in order to approach the local cultural context in five different European cities:
- CIKE - Kosice (Slovakia), April 23, 2020: on how communities can align urban change with sustainable solutions to today’s social, environmental, economic and political challenges.
- HABLARENARTE - Madrid (Spain), 28-29 May 2020: on dynamics of participation in the context of the public school and its implementation.
- City of Lund - Lund (Sweden), last week of May 2020: on co-operation, development and cultural innovation in the municipal context.
- KAAPELI - Helsinki (Finland), August 29, 2020: on citizen participation in the role of cultural co-creation and the notion of urban commons as a challenge on the ownership of spaces.
- AMBASSADA - Timisoara (Romania), October 2020: on the contribution of community organizations to the co-creation and implementation of public policies in the context of neighborhoods and local identities.
MADRID URBAN EXPLORATION, COMMUNITY EDUCATION AND PARTICIPATION. May 28 and 29, 2020
Hablarenarte represents one of the seven Urban Labs that participate in the European project, working locally on citizen and institutional initiatives on participatory education. Our Urban Exploration will trace a tour though those spaces and projects promoted by the educational community that embrace other learning modalities where inclusion, horizontality and collaboration between different agents becomes essential.
Participating in the Urban Exploration of Madrid (May 28 and 29, 2020) –designed from speaking to you about the implementation of experimental structures in the context of public education– is a great opportunity to share knowledges among cultural agents, educators and professionals sector; a platform to share ideas and concerns and connect different experiences.
The Urban Explorations are open for an international audience and each one of them will host at least 50 participants, including representatives of cultural and creative spaces, policymakers and leaders of other grass-roots and public cultural organisations. Trans Europe Halles will financially support the participation of 25 cultural agents - five for each of the events - by reimbursing the cost of travel and lodging (covering up to € 500).
- Deadline: until Friday 23 of February, 2020
- More information: https://www.spacesandcities.com/news/open-call-for-participation-in-urban-explorations/
- Submission form
- Urban Exploration of Madrid: 28 and 29 of May, 2020