Educational activities at Museo ICO. 2012-13 school year
Museo ICO. Calle Zorrilla, 3. Madrid
The Museo ICO houses the Instituto de Crédito Oficial contemporary art collections. Located on the Art Walk, the Museo ICO schedules an attractive series of temporary exhibitions throughout the year, also featuring a full program of educational activities aimed at primary school, families and young visitors.
For every new exhibition, a route is devised to help explain the creative processes involved in contemporary art and the role of the artist in today’s society. Dynamic visits to the gallery are intended to give visitors a practical and interactive view of the works, giving them a more active role than that of mere onlookers. The workshops are designed to give a hands-on experience of the creative process from formulating an initial idea through to its physical production.
The programme of activities is complemented with the publication of an educational booklet for each exhibition.
Activities for the 2012/13 academic year
- Educational activities for primary school children
- Educational activities for families
- Summer school for children aged from 6 to 12 years
- Christmas workshop for young people aged from 13 to 17 years
- Ma Yansong [12/10/31 to 13/03/03]
- Spain mon amour | Ruinas [13/03/21 to 13/06/09]