Guatrueque. Sunday brunch for the exchange of unwanted objects
De fijo a móvil. Calle Jesús y María, 21. Madrid
A trophy from your junior football team days. A lamp given to you by your ex mother-in-law. A collection of children’s books. A cactus from your former flatmate. A mineral collection… In fact, anything that you can’t bear to throw away but you really don’t want to keep any longer, you can exchange during our Sunday brunch. This is your chance!
Rules for taking part
- What should you take along? Your undesirable item plus something to eat and drink (it’s good to share)
- How does the exchange work? Your item is placed on a counter alongside the other “exchangeables” and it is given a number. You write the number of the item or items you would like to exchange it for on a piece of paper.
- How does it all start? At 13:30 everyone’s bits of paper will be taken out of the bowl so they can some up and collect their items one by one.
- What happens if the item I wanted is taken by someone else before me? It’s important that you write several item numbers on your piece of paper in order of preference, in case this happens.
- What happens if I don’t like the exchanged item? There is always a last resort: the “wild card” section with “free exchange” items.
- Supposing I get left with nothing because everything has been given out? Impossible! There will be extra items in the “wild card” section…
- Can I come even if I don’t take an item? Of course, but don’t forget to take something for the brunch. Don’t bring beers: De fijo a móvil has all the beer you need!