Palabras Habladas. 1st edition
Casa de los Jacintos, Bar Muñiz, Bar la Paca, Café Mahón, Bar Picnic, Espacio Valverde, ¡Juán por Diós!
Palabras Habladas. Poesía en directo, arose from the desire to promote alternative experiences in the field of the Spoken Word in Madrid, to bring the work of micro-storytellers, exponents of polypoetry and other stage artists into the public eye, as well as to become an essential meeting point for poetry and theatre in Madrid.
The cycle demonstrates the excellent health of dramatized literature today. During this first event, writers, poets and performers including Ajo, Javier Montero, Gonzalo Escarpa and Julio Jara will be featured in each session in the cycle. The sessions encourage open audience participation and will be collaborating with schools plus writing and poetry groups such as the Bukowski Club and the La Bella Varsovia group.
- Session 1. Thursday 18 December. Ajo, Casa de los Jacintos
- Session 2. Thursday 15 January. Gonzalo Escarpa, Casa de los Jacintos
- Session 3. Thursday 29 January. Josep Pedrals, Bar Muñiz
- Session 4. Thursday 12 February. Julio Jara, Bar la Paca
- Session 5. Thursday 26 February. La Bella Varsovia, Bar Picnic
- Session 6. Thursday 12 March. Javier Montero & La Vida Rima, Café Mahón
- Session 7. Thursday 26 March. Peru Saizprez, Espacio Valverde
- Session 8. Thursday 2 April. Bruno Galindo, Juan ¡Por Diós!
With support from: Ministry of Culture