Sweet Home: Research residencies in domestic spaces
Third edition of the Sweet Home residency programme in domestic spaces, 2018.
From the 30th of May to the 13th of June, Madrid hosts Sweet Home, a research residency programme in domestic spaces that gives value and delivers new ways of doing and relating to each other by sharing our day-to-day life.
Eight international residents live for two weeks in the private homes of cultural agents from Madrid, who offer, in addition to accommodation, the possibility of introducing the international residents to their closest cultural context, generating a direct and diversified dialogue. In this edition, the residency revolves for the first time around a specific topic: non-productivity.
These are Sweet Home 2018 selected host and international residents:
- Theo Firmo, Yuri Tuma and Rodrigo Di Sciascio (Madrid) + Clément Gagliano (France)
- Matías Daporta (Madrid) + Work Hard! Play Hard! (Aleksei Borisionok and Olia Sosnovskaya) (Belarus)
- Christian Fernández Mirón (Madrid) + Alice Shintani (Brazil)
- Casa Banchel (Madrid) + Martinka Bobrikova and Óscar de Carmen (Norway)
- Irene Cantero and Jara Blanco (Madrid) + Valentina Menz (Chile)
- Violeta Janeiro and Mauricio Freyre (Madrid) + Dieuwertje Hehewerth (Holland)
You can find more information about the hosts and the residents at "more details" on the right of this page.
The two-week residency programme includes activities such as:
1. ¡A la Mesa!
Wednesday, 6th of June from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm at Medialab Prado. Meeting point: Medialab Prado patio. Inscription link
¡A la Mesa!! is a ludic work encounter for collective critical thinking, utopia and alienation. Open to the public by inscription, we invite the residents, hosts and other cultural agents of the city to an informal and, why not, playful dialogue, around the question of how to generate contexts of possibility? - new conditions in which new things can happen, how to generate communities of learning, action and reflection.
2. Presentations of the artists in residency work at Centro de Residencias Artísticas / Matadero Madrid.
Tuesday, 12th of June from 7pm to 9:30pm. Public activity
3. Activities for the participants (hosts + artists): studio visits, field trips, presentations, performances, group meals ... and more.
This edition of Sweet Home is supported by the Creation Grants of the Madrid City Council