Sweet Home: research residencies in Madrid
Residencies in six private homes in Madrid
hablarenarte: and FelipaManuela are launching “Sweet Home,” a research residencies program in Madrid for international artists and cultural agents
Both the local and the international call are closed, with which the six cultural agents based in Madrid and the six international cultural agents wanting to research in Madrid were chosen. Each residency will have a duration of two weeks, between September and December 2013, in one of the six private homes of the cultural agents selected.
Each host will provide accommodation for the guest, and will introduce the international cultural agent in his/her closest artistic context. The program covers the cost of accommodation. The resident guest should assume his/her travel and subsistence expenses during these two weeks.
The local and the international agents selected in the “Sweet Home” program are:
- Nerea Goikoetxea and Silvana Ovsejevich (Buenos Aires, Argentina). September 7 to 20, 2013.
- Sara Cabanes Muñoz and Monica Rizzolli (São Carlos, Brazil, living in Kassel, Germany). November 17 to December 1, 2013
- Carmen Cantón Juan and Lucrecia Piedrahita (Medellin, Colombia). December 2013
- Christian Fernández Mirón and Evan J Garza (Boston, USA). December 1 to 14, 2013
- Virginia de Diego Martín and REPLYtoALL Collective (Budapest, Hungary). January, 2014
- Enrique Radigales and Cathy Weyders (Brussels, Belgium). November 5 to 26, 2013
You can see more information of their profiles in the downloadable PDF.
You can follow the developments of this and the forthcoming residencies at http://cargocollective.com/sweet_home, an experiential working document in a blog format.
Sweet Home has been developed with the support of Ayudas a la Creación Contemporánea 2012, Ayuntamiento de Madrid. The project and this publication are responsibility of hablarenarte: and FelipaManuela. Madrid City Council is not responsible for the use made of the information contained therein.