TendeMCias. Workshop for Young People at Museo Cerralbo
Museo Cerralbo. Calle Ventura Rodríguez, 17. Madrid
The Museo Cerralbo, aware of the demand for youth activities, begins a program of workshops in collaboration with hablarenarte: Designed for boys and girls between thirteen and seventeen years old, each workshop takes place during school vacations and is directed by an artist or professional related to the activity, which is developed over three days as all the participants work together.
TendeMCias: ser trendy en el siglo XIX (TendeMCies: Being Trendy in the 19th Century), directed by María Giraldo, draws on the current world of trends to work with fashion phenomena from the turn of the 19th to 20th centuries, including Dandyism or Orientalism . Using photographs, period magazines and other pieces from the Marquis of Cerralbo’s collections, we set out to discover what it meant to be a dandy in the nineteenth century, establishing a dialog between past and present that concludes with the creation of a TendeMCies blog.
- Program closed
- Days and schedule: Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Dates: December 26, 27 and 28, 2012
- Participants: youths between thirteen and seventeen years old.
- Maximum attendance: twelve people
- Inscriptions by reservation only, beginning on December 11. To reserve, call: 91 547 36 46 between 10:00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m.