Workshops for families to the exhibition "Robbins and Becher. Displacements"
Museo ICO. Calle Zorrilla, 3. Madrid
Within the programme of the PHotoEspaña2016 Festival, the ICO Museum presents the photographic work of the artists Andrea Robbins (Boston, 1963) and Max Becher (Düsseldorf) over the past 25 years. "Robbins and Becher. Displacements" revolves around the idea of cultural identity and, what they have phrased with “the transportation of place.” In documentary-style color photographs, Robbins and Becher explore the outward manifestations of how geographically disparate communities and cultures impact one another through “overlapping eras of slavery, colonialism, holocausts, immigration, tourism, and mass-communications”.
Taking the exhibition as a starting point of our activity, we develop en educational programme for the participating families that consists of a visit and a workshop that will lead us to understand the situation of cultural displacement.
Located in the Paseo del Arte in Madrid, the ICO Museum presents the architecture through an ambitious program that delves into the different aspects that make up the discipline and its main creators.
- Open call
- Location: Museo ICO. Zorrilla, 3 | www.fundacionico.es
- Days and times of the activity: Saturdays from 17 to 19 h. and Sundays from 11 to 13 h.
- Dates of the activity: 5, 12, 18 and 19 June; 10 and September 11, 2016
- Ages: children from 7 to 12 years, accompanied by at least one adult
- Price: Activity free of charge, prior registration Maximum group size: 25 people / group