La Villa de los Papiros: Visits for Secondary & High Schools Students
Casa del Lector. Paseo de la Chopera, 14. Madrid
In the 18th century investigators discovered in this mansion known as “the one of the papyro” the only known existing library of the old Rome. Here at Herculano and close to Naples, Italy, the ashes of the eruption in 79 DC of Vesuvius preserved this treasure for us. The exhibition shows us, what was reading about in the old Rome of the fist century DC and gives an insight on the impact that the discovery of Pompeij and Herculano had on the European culture in the 18th century.
- Days and schedule: Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:15 a.m. to 13:45 p.m.
- Dates: January 10 to April 23, 2014
- Participants: students from 13 to 17 years old
- Maximum attendance: 25 people per group
- Free with previous inscription